Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Writing about you.... or not.

Dairy:
Adjective
 of, for, or pertaining to milk, cream, butter, cheese, etc.: dairy products; the dairy case at a supermarket.
 
Diary:
noun
a daily record, usually private, esp. of the writer's own experiences, observations, feelings, attitudes, etc.
  
That definition of diary is a wonderful explanation of today's "Words on a Page writing assignment". You may already have a diary, if you don't keep reading and if you do, keep reading. Something I have never been able to do is keep a diary, or log, or journal, or what ever you want to call it. It just doesn't work. I forget about it, or decide I'm just not that exciting. 

Ever since I was five I tried to keep a diary. Ever since I was five, I failed. Until not too long ago. Here's what I did and what you're going to do: get a blank 70 page notebook. As often as possible, write in it. At the top, write the date. When I'm writing about myself I change my name and exaggerate a little. That way, there's no risk of you quitting journal writing because you find yourself boring. 

Another thing I do is write just random things. It's like I'm writing page 97 of a book. No beginning, middle or end. Just writing to write. It doesn't have to make sense or sound good. It doesn't have to fill up a page. Just make sure everything you write had the date on it. You'll be glad in the future when you look through your old notebooks. 

If you have a story in your journal you're especially proud of, submit it here for the world to see!
 
 
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search