Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Short story 1

This may not be finished, an yet, it might be... I suppose we'll find out.



Introduction

I laid down, about to read a book I had been waiting for since last Friday. The hardcover novel made that sound you hear when you open a new book. I smiled and whispered to myself "Chapter One," and then the phone rang, just my luck. "Roxi, hon, can you get that?" Asked my mom, Monica Black. "Sure." I answered the phone with "Hello, this is Roxanne, to whom am I speaking?" Mom always thought it was funny how I answered the phone. She also found it funny that I brought whatever I was doing with me to the phone.

"Roxanne?!" The person on the other end said in surprise. "Gee, it's been awhile since I've talked to you. Like two years or so!" I was confused. "Who is this?" I asked, trying to sound firm. "Ha ha, it's Jason! Your brother!" I dropped the book I was holding. It the floor with a loud thud.

"Roxi, who is that?" My mom shouted from her bedroom. When I didn't answer, she came out to see what was up. I gave her the phone. "Jason." I left. I didn't talk to Jason. Not for any real reason, except that I didn't get along with him because HE WAS SO DARN ANNOYING! AND HE THOUGHT HE KNEW EVERYTHING!


I picked up my book and returned to my room.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search