Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Here is a pointless story for you to enjoy!

I felt stressed. I didn't feel stressed very often, so when I did it hit me hard. It wasn't a huge deal, I realize that now, but things always seem worse in the moment. The basement was flooded, worse than usual. Mom and dad were gone all day and it was rained cats and dogs no -- llamas and alpacas! I forgot to do this thing with the gutters I'm supposed to do every time it rains hard like it was that night and before I knew it, water covered the basement floor. I was so glad mom decided against putting a carpet down there.

And then mom got home. I told her that Noah's ark was about to set sail in the basement. Of course I was exaggerating, mom just thought I was exaggerating more than I really was.
"No, seriously mom, there's a LOT of water down there, believe me!"
"Why didn't you do any thing?!"
"I'm not even a teenager," I replied, my 13th birthday was next month.
"What's your excuse going to be when you're 13?" She asked while filling a basket with towels.
"When I'm 13 I'll say 'but I'm not even in high-school yet' when I'm 14 and 15 'I don't even have my driver's license when I'm 16 and 17 'I'm not even an adult'."
"And when you're 18?"
"I won't have an excuse. At least not a good one."
Mom laughed and started mopping us the floor. After about two hours, not only did I feel really guilty, but the water was gone and everything was fine.

The End

Thank you for reading this pointless and random story that I wrote for no real reason except that I was bored.

1 comment:

Search