Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Characters: friends

Most characters need a friend or friends. If my main character, Charlotte Marie Clementine in this case, is a teenager who has her head in the clouds. Now we need to come up with some friends. 1-3 close friends is about how many you want, more and you may have trouble giving them all distinct personalities. Now back to "Char" (short for Charlotte). I usually give female characters one female friend and one male. That way you have a little variation. Something that I like to do is have the male wish he didn't have to tag along with the girls, but he didn't have a choice. I like to have one friend the same age as my main character and one older or younger. Remember, these 2 characters are not your main character's only friends. Just the ones he or she hangs out with the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search