Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Conspiracy

I watched her carefully. The expression on her face was calm and cold. Her eyes were locked on one spot. She wasn't starring, she was thinking. How I wished that I could get inside of her head. She was up to something I knew it.
I felt something on my shoulder. A bird had landed on it, an indigo bunting, to be exact. I tried to silently shoo it away, but it was useless. I pushed it off gently, but the bird didn't know I was trying to be discreet. "Davey, is that you? What are you doing here? Mom said you had to go out and get groceries!" She exclaimed. "Wait a second, were you spying on me?"
I tried to change the subject. "So... how's the fishing?" That was a stupid question. How would she know? "Don't try to change the subject! Why were you spying on me?" I gave her one of those looks that they do in the movies. When you squint you eyes a little and tilt your head to the side and back and look skeptical.
"What are you up to?" She looked at me blankly. "Up to?" "Yeah, why were you so upset when you saw I was spying on you?" She shook her head. "Because it's an invasion on my privacy!" She shouted. Some passersby gave her a weird look. "So, what are you up to?" She shook her head. "If you really want to know, I got a job." I rolled my eyes. "So? Why would you keep that a secret?" "Because I didn't get mom's permission. I wanted to get her something special for her birthday."
What a let down!!! Here I thought I was about to discover that my sister was a secret agent, or a burglar or an alien and she's saving up for mom's birthday! I wonder what my brother Mike is up to....

-Vladimir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search