Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Just Kidding

"Do you understand now?" The teacher asked me. I nodded and didn't say anything. "Good. Now I expect you won't do that again?" I nodded again. "You may leave now." I hopped off the tall stool Mr. Jones kept in his incredibly dull office. I did a little curtsy. Not to be polite, more for my own amusement. That's why I do a lot of things, most of them aren't significant things, but this time maybe it was.

I went back into the classroom and sank into my desk chair. My cheeks were red with embarrassment. Jacob Simpson leaned over. "Why'd the principal call you?" He asked. He knew the principal very well. Jacob went to the office at least once a week. "It is none of your business Jacob! Just because I went to the Principal's office does not necessarily mean I did something wrong!" He smiled. Apparently he thought it was funny when other people get punished.

The teacher came back in. "Okay, class. We have five minutes left. No homework... except for you Doug... you have four chapters to read in science." I heard a groan from the back of the room. The bell finally rang. "Free at last" I thought.

I changed from black slacks and a plain blue polo shirt to a tye-dye T-shirt and jeans. I put my hair in a pony tail. I suddenly transformed from a quiet type to my true self: a laid back sarcastic teen who missed her old life. When there was more school to do, but she could get it done by 11:30am. Those were the days... the days before I started high-school.

You may be asking yourself why I dressed --and acted-- differently in school. Remember how I said I do things for my own amusement. Well that's why I did this. I could not only practice my acting, but see if anyone caught on. I never said anything dishonest about what I was doing. I wouldn't do anything like that. The results to my experiment were often times hilarious. And that was exactly what I was going for......


(A Purely Fictional Story by Vladimir Malcolm)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You write things seemingly without much effort that it would take me forever to write! You have a great brain and a great gift for writing. That was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you! It comes from lots of reading (reading about writing, that is) and practice. It's funny how you think your writing is weak and people come along and say something like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great story. Christan is right.

    ReplyDelete

Search